Want to begin raising awareness of a new computer that’s coming out very soon called the Raspberry Pi (http://www.raspberrypi.org/). It’s basically a $25 credit sized computer that plugs into a display / keyboard etc.. I like to call it mini-awesome!
The computer is reported to have better performance than the iPhone 4S. Heres the basic specs:
- The SoC is a Broadcom BCM2835. This contains an ARM1176JZFS, with floating point, running at 700Mhz, and a Videocore 4 GPU. The GPU is capable of BluRay quality playback, using H.264 at 40MBits/s. It has a fast 3D core accessed using the supplied OpenGL ES2.0 and OpenVG libraries.
- RAM 128MB (Model A), 256MB (Model B)
- USB Ports: 1 (2 on Model B)
- Video Outputs: Composite RCA, HDMI
- Audio Outputs: 3.5 mm jack, HDMI
- On-board Storage: SD / MMC / SDIO card slot
- On-board Network: None (Model A) , 10/100 Ethernet (RJ45) (Model B)
And its small enough to fit in your wallet! Like I said mini-awesome
We are so impressed with this little marvel that we are considering porting the IwGame Engine over to enable hobbyist and indie developers to get games up and running quickly on the platform.
Would like to hear your thoughts on the Raspberry Pi