Big list of web game portals / sites that accept games mainly from Flash, HTML5 and Unity 3D developers:
Facebook Alexa rank 3
Y8 Alexa rank 761
Kongregate Alexa rank 1375
Miniclip Alexa rank 1750
Kizi Alexa rank 1816
Newgrounds Alexa rank 2624
Poki Alexa rank 2985
itch.io Alexa rank 3449
Armor Games Alexa rank 3472
A10 Alexa rank 4164
Pogo Alexa rank 4955
Big Fish Games Alexa rank 5113
AGame Alexa rank 6009
Addicting Games Alexa rank 6657
Paco Games Alexa rank 8024
Girls Go Games Alexa rank 9280
Zepak Alexa rank 9516
Ninja Kiwi Alexa rank 10681
io Games Space Alexa rank 11295
NotDoppler Alexa rank 14516
Games Games Alexa rank 15194
Yepi Games Alexa rank 21526
Nitrome Alexa rank 24779
KHBG Games Alexa rank 24690
Game House Alexa rank 28541
Free Online Games Alexa rank 28628
Games Freak Alexa rank 35802
MAD Alexa rank 36964
Box10 Alexa rank 43227
One More Level Alexa rank 48128
Mouse Breaker Alexa rank 52226
Games 2 Girls Alexa rank 54837
io-games Alexa rank 56104
Fun Brain Alexa rank 57127
Frip Alexa rank 60455
Puff Games Alexa rank 65496
Crazy Monkey Games Alexa rank 68705
Flash Games 247 Alexa rank 72799
Game Gape Alexa rank 76718
Mind Jolt Alexa rank 78550
Bubble Box Alexa rank 80294
Cool Games Alexa rank 90502
Zapak Alexa rank 95136
GameZ Hero Alexa rank 109726
Spil Games Alexa rank 152091
Game Garage Alexa rank 1295785
* Alexa rank accurate as of 2nd October 2017
The latest and greatest version of the Marmalade SDK is now available here
- Major update to 2D Kit editor
- New OpenAL middleware component
- New live tile support for Windows platforms
- Improved C++11 support
- Improved EDK documentation
A full list of changes is available here.
Well, I decided to take a step back (literally) in game development, back as far as the 80′s. Remember the old Atari style games? well I wanted to create something like that, so the game is pure and simply about game play. Lets take a look at a quick screenshot:
Jazzler Android Game on Google Play
Now this is how I remember games looking on the old Atari 2600, blocky graphics and vivid colours and I loved them.
Ok, so the basics of the game is that a Jazzle drops down the screen and you simply tap the screen to catch it. Each round the Jazzle moves a little faster and becomes a little shorter. The catching mechanism also becomes a little shorter, although it resets in size every 50 rounds or so. If you fail to catch a Jazzle then its Game Over and you have to start from scratch.
New backgrounds colours are unlocked as you progress, because well I love all the different colours. Also the Jazzle will taunt you, but as you progress you begin to change the Jazzlers taunts from negative to positive.
In case you’re wondering, I can get to around level 50 so far.
Jazzlers is available for both Android tablets and phones on Google Play.
There are no plans for an iOS version yet, because iOS free games are pretty much dead without a big old marketing budget, maybe after Christmas, who knows.
Calling all content developers, the newly opened Marmalade Asset Store have an opening offer. Register as a seller now and earn an 80% revenue until the end of 2015 (usual revenue share is 70%).
From 2D / 3D art assets such as backgrounds, textures, sprites, animations, meshes and high quality sound effects, to project files and templates, plus any great integrations you’ve developed and would like to sell or share: all are welcome in the Asset Store.
So I’ve been playing League of Legends for a while, watching the championships and its easy to say that I’m a little hooked. I must admit that I am not particularly great at the game, unlike my son who is quite kick ass, but I do have a couple of champions that I do like to play that I’m not too shabby with (Sona, Veigar, Ashe, Vel,koz, Ryze and a couple of others). Anyway, the point of this blog is that I am excited about the up coming 2016 release. What am I most excited about? Lets take a look, in order of excitement
- Well its a league update, that’s always exciting
- New champ select, hopefully no more arguing over mid and jungle etc.. and less players rage quitting or even worse purposely feeding because they didn’t get the position they wanted! You get to choose primary and secondary positions and you are guaranteed to get one of the positions. I can’t help feel however that if you pick the two most popular positions every time then you are going to be waiting longer to be matched up with other players
- Dynamic groups, no more penalty and no longer limited to solo / duo que
- Baron pit early game mob to encourage more than just the enemy jungler to visit top lane
- Mastery system revamp
- Trinket and sight stone upgrades
- Clubs and Parties, pity about the 100 player limit for clubs, but you can be a member of multiple clubs.
- Hextech crafting, get skins and champions for free
Do you love to make games? Are you passionate about making games? Do you want to find other developers just like yourself? Well, I recently came across a new social community and resource for developers of all professional skill levels. You can join a community of independent game developers and find a collaborator, a team, a project, or just a new friend. Well what are you waiting for, see you over at IndieDeveloper, If you want to friend me, I’m user mrmop,.
Support for the Web Audio API has been added offering better control over audio playback. Using it is s simple case of ticking support for it in the projects properties (on by default).
Full list of changes include:
Game Editor v1.9.2b:
- Added new use web audio export option to project settings
- Added new auto play property to sounds which cause sound to automatically start playing once loaded
- Added new export option force_round which will force all exported actors to use pixel rounding
- Fix: Project property smoothing is now applied in exported code
- Fix: Canvas centering on some mobile devices
Game Engine v1.4.8 and 1.4.9:
- b5.Xoml.loadJSON now accepts 4th parameter which can be used to stipulate loaded data should be returned as binary buffer
- b5.App.use_web_audio property added which can be used to switch on support for Web Audio if it is supported
- b5.Xoml.loadJSON moved to b5.Utils.loadJSON
- b5.Xoml.loadJS moved to b5.Utils.loadJS
- Added support for web audio API to sound (default is enabled). To disable Web Audio set b5.App.use_web_audio to false. If web audio is not supported then it will fallback to HTML5 Audio
- b5.App constructor now accepts a second parameter which enables / disables web audio support
- Added b5.Sound.auto_play property to enable auto playback of sounds after they are loaded
- JSDoc documentation added
- b5.App.canvas_fill_window removed
- Modified how the render scaling and canvas resizing works to make it easier to use.
Download the latest version of Booty5 HTML5 Gama Maker.
Booty5 the HTML5 Game Maker v1.9.1b is now available for free download.
- Scale and angle are now affected in multiple actor selections
- Editor export properties now supports smoothing property that will enable / disable anti-aliasing during rendering
- Added support for rounding pixels to actors, if disabled then pixel coordinates will be rounded to integer values, can improve performance but at a cost of lower precision rendering
- Removed some currently unused options from sprite and label
- Font size and face separated in labels
- Font weight added to label
- Editor now shows text preview
- Exported collision flags are now used by engine
- Added vertices snap to shape editor
- Added new Collision Flags example
- Fix: Convex shapes were not exporting correctly
- Fix: Some properties such as actor scale were not exporting correctly with an export precision of 0
- Added new property to Actor called round_pixels, when set to true vertices will be rounded to integer which can speed up rendering significantly
- Added support for collision flags to physics fixtures (category, mask and group index)
The Booty5 HTML5 game manual ebook has also been updated.
Booty5 the HTML5 Game Maker v1.9.0b is now available for free download. Support for tile map rendering has been added to the engine, whilst support for tile map editing has been added to the game maker. A quick screen shot of the new tile map editor is shown below:
Booty5 HTML5 tile map editor
Full list of changes include:
Game Engine v1.4.6:
- Added new actor type called MapActor which can render tiled maps
- Support added to Xoml for loading Booty5 game editor exported tile maps
- Fix: Actor.vr wasn’t updating transform
Game Editor v1.9.0b:
- Added support for tile maps (any sprite actor can now be changed to a tile map by changing RenderAs type to Tile Map)
- Added pretty print export options that will export JSON in a tidy readable format
The Booty5 HTML5 game manual ebook has also been updated.
You will also need to replace all examples which can be downloaded from Github.
The first version of the Booty5 HTML5 Game Maker Manual e-book is now available for free download. Find out more on the Booty5 free e-book page.