Recently two family members have started streaming their gaming on Twitch.tv. They currently stream a game I love to play but am terrible at so prefer to watch . That game is League of Legends (I’m a lowly silver player, these guys are Diamond level players). if you like to watch gaming streams you should check them out, they’re pretty entertaining pair.
DDarkBlu on Twitch.tv (Support main)
Hastams on Twitch.tv (AD carry main)
I hang around in the streams and chat from time to time.
Anyway the point of this blog is to mention that it got me interested in streaming and streamers. I have discovered that Twitch.tv have an extensions API. I’m currently analysing the APi to find ways in which I can integrate it into the IGX SDK. This will enable developers to deploy their Facebook Instant Games straight to Twitch with little to no modification. Twitch.tv enables monetisation of your extensions via a currency called bits which seems interesting, so plenty of scope for earning money fellow developers.
The IGX SDK is a wrapper for the Facebook Instant Games SDK that enables you the developer to deploy your games and apps to web (mobile and Twitch.tv support coming soon) with little to no code changes, helping you maximise visibility and monetisation.
So I’ve been playing League of Legends for a while, watching the championships and its easy to say that I’m a little hooked. I must admit that I am not particularly great at the game, unlike my son who is quite kick ass, but I do have a couple of champions that I do like to play that I’m not too shabby with (Sona, Veigar, Ashe, Vel,koz, Ryze and a couple of others). Anyway, the point of this blog is that I am excited about the up coming 2016 release. What am I most excited about? Lets take a look, in order of excitement
- Well its a league update, that’s always exciting
- New champ select, hopefully no more arguing over mid and jungle etc.. and less players rage quitting or even worse purposely feeding because they didn’t get the position they wanted! You get to choose primary and secondary positions and you are guaranteed to get one of the positions. I can’t help feel however that if you pick the two most popular positions every time then you are going to be waiting longer to be matched up with other players
- Dynamic groups, no more penalty and no longer limited to solo / duo que
- Baron pit early game mob to encourage more than just the enemy jungler to visit top lane
- Mastery system revamp
- Trinket and sight stone upgrades
- Clubs and Parties, pity about the 100 player limit for clubs, but you can be a member of multiple clubs.
- Hextech crafting, get skins and champions for free