It’s been a long long while since I put an update to Booty5 out so I thought it time. I have been playing around with Facebook Instant Games over the last few months so I added support for Facebook Instant Games to the Booty5 engine. You will find a new utility class called Instants that wraps up the Facebook Instants SDK. This has been tightly integrated into the loader for the Booty5 game editor. I will be releasing the updated version of the Booty5 editor with direct Facebook Instant Games export support very soon. Along with that I will be releasing the source to some of my games to help developers learn how to use the new features more easily. The complete list of Booty5 engine changes (v1.5.5) include:
- New hit property added to Actors. If true then will be included in hit testing
- New dock_screen property added to Actors. If true then docking will be to screen edge instead of scene edge
- New padding property added to Actors. Text padding (used when caching)
- New scale_method property added to Actors. Scale method used to fit actor to screen
- New draw_reverse property added to Actors. If set to true children are drawn in reverse order
- New _av property added to Actors. This will set active and visible states at the same time
- New method removeAllActors added to Actor which removes all actors from the actors child list
- New getSlot and moveToSlot methods added to Actor which allows you to query a child sort index and modify it
- New overlapsRect method added to Actors which checks for a rect area overlapping the Actors rect area
- New circleOverlaps method added to Actors which checks for a circular area overlapping the Actors circular area
- New circleOverlapsRect method added to Actors which checks for a rect area overlapping the Actors circular area
- New fullCircleOverlapTest method added to Actors which checks for a circular area overlapping the Actors circular area (taking into account transforms)
- New stroke_filled property added to all Actor types which if true will cause stroke will be drawn
- New line_height property added to LabelActor which specifies the height of a line of text
- New _text property added to LabelActor which sets the labels text and updates its cached version if cached
- New deactivate property added to Animations. When set to true deactivates and hides target actor when its done (default false), should only be used with actors
- Many new easinng funnctions added to the animation system
- App canvas_width and canvas_height now known as design_width and design_width
- Fonts now added to the app as resources, the underlying font loaded uses the FontObserver lib to load fonts
- Raw JSON resource type now added to the App
- New started property added to the App which is a callback that will be called when the app starts
- All App resource containers are now objecsts instead of arrays
- App waitForResources now calls a supplied callback to alert the user of progress during loading
- App main logic loop is now ran on requestAnimationFrame
- New draw_reverse property added to Scenes. If set to true children are drawn in reverse order
- New _av property added to Scenes. This will set active and visible states at the same time
- Added new Task type called TaskQ which is a collection of tasks that are ran serial. Only the first task in the queue is ran, once that tasks is complete the next task in the queue is ran.
- Resources now checked for load failure and attempt to reload a number of times before giving up
- Value passed to Actor _atlas can be an atlas object or the name of an image atlas brush
- Calling playAnim or playTimeline on an inactive or invisible Actor will make activate it and make it visible
- Hit tests are no longer carried out on inactive Actors
- Fixed Actor _scale property so that it now updates the main transform
- Fixed virtual Actor margins
- Action lists are now optional component and not included by default
- Support for Facebook Instant Games added
Please note that this version of Booty5 may not be completely compatible with your existing code so back up before trying it!
The complete source to Booty5 is available on Github here.
I will update the game editor, documentation and e-book in the near future.
Oh I also have a Dragon Bones lib coming soon too.