Just a quick message to say that if you are a mobile developer that has just started using IwGame then please refrain from starting any major developments with the engine for the next few days. IwGame has undergone some major changes which will require many changes to the documentation. Some of the changes include:
- The animation system will be completely redone
- Animation frame data manager will be removed
- Support will be added for local and global resources
- Marmalade resource groups will now be managed by the scene or global resource manager
- Most classes will be able to be defined and instantiated from XOML (an XML based language similar to Microsoft XAML and Flash MXML)
These changes are necessary if we are to keep the development of IwGame on track.
The idea is to create a single extensible API that works across all platforms that is driven by a manually created human readable mark-up language or exported from a future game editor.