Its been brought to our attention that if you are using raw Open GL functions and IwGameAds together then one system can affect the other.
The problem is that Iw2D is quite naughty in that it does not really save / restore GL states so many of the open GL states could have changed. A few things we noticed in particular are the GL shading model and texture matrix.
To switch back to smooth shading use:
To repair the texture matrix add the following before you render your GL content:
After your GL rendering is finished restore the GL texture matrix:
We will provide an additional GL test bed in our next update
We’ve received a fair few requests to extract the ad engine from the IwGame engine so that it can be easily used in existing products or products that do not want the fully fledged game engine. So we decided to go ahead and create a new API that supports just the ad engine. Its new home is at http://www.drmop.com/index.php/iwgameads-sdk/ and its now called the IwGameAds SDK. The SDK currently has support for 12 ad providers including:
- Vserv – Also provides support for InMobi, BuzzCity, JumpTap, ZestAdz / Komli Mobile and Inner-active
- Millennial Media – Also provides support for AdMob, Amobee, JumpTap and Mojiva
- Native and cross platform
- Free and open source
- Fully documented
- Support for multiple platforms (iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android, Bada, Playbook, Symbian, WebOS, Windows Mobile, Mobile Linux, LG-TV, Windows and Mac OS)
- Asynchronously request text, image and html based ads from a variety of ad providers
- Automatic extraction of ad data, such as image url, click url and text
- Provision for targeted ads by age, gender, location etc..
- Integrated ads view that can display animating ads to the user as well as detect clicks and launch the external URL / app that deals with the click destination
- Cache and display multiple ads from multiple providers
- Eye catching animating ads system that is currently generating 3%-8% CTR
- Ad mediation using the priority based IwGameAdsMediator class
- Very simple to install, set-up and use
We have not removed the ad API from the IwGame engine, this is just an additional SDK for those that want to use the ad API away from the game engine.