We finally scrounged a little free time to update our company web site with some of our latest developments over at http://www.pocketeers.co.uk
Pocketgamer.biz featured some of my mental ramblings with regards to the Marmalade SDK over on their site today, so I’m pleased as punch.
I also found myself watching some of RIM’s Devcon 2011 (live web cast), which was very interesting. During the advert break I noticed an ad for the Blackberry Playbook showing a user playing a variety of games on it and low and behold our BattleBallz Chaos was on there!
Down with the dreaded flu right now so just a few quick blogs for now.
I find it amazing and cool just at how often Marmalade update their SDK. I’m also ultra excited about the impending 5.2 release, lots of cool new stuff due including native UI. I’m hoping to see a flood of Android, iPhone, Bada and even Playbook and iPad application developers when 5.2 hits.
Ok, Marmalade SDK 5.1.8 changes include:
- Blackberry PlayBook: Fix for touch events in area of video playback.
- Blackberry PlayBook: Fix for s3eOSReadString.
- Blackberry PlayBook: Add new icf setting SysSuspendDuringVideo which can be used to pause the application during video playback. Using this setting it is possible to avoid the screen corruption that can occur on PlayBook after video playback.
- Blackberry PlayBook: Fix several issues relating to fixed and dynamic screen rotation.
- Multiple platforms: Added s3eWebViewClearCache function to the s3eWebView extension.
- Blackberry PlayBook: s3eAccelerometer axis are now correct according to the device orientation.
- Android: Fix for ZeroConf search only returning first service discovered.
- Android: Fix to allow adding third party .so libraries to Android packages.
Mainly fixes, but a few additions. I am particularly pleased with the Blackberry Playbook fixes
You can grab Marmalade SDK 5.1.8 from Marmalades download section.